Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Education Is Your Friend


Have you ever had one of those days where you just shake you head and wonder about the intelligence level society in general? I do, lot of times. Usually when I’m on hold with some big company after hearing the monotone, recorded voice at the end of the line; “your call is important to us…..” Yeeeaaahhhhh riiiiight it is. If it was so darn important you would have more receptionists taking calls and I wouldn’t be on hold for 20-30 minutes in the first place. Damn….if I could only figure out a way to charge these companies for my wasted time. I’d start of at the tidy sum of $150 per/hr. Ahhhh to dream.

Ok, back on topic. I always thought most people within North America had some level of smarts. After all we do get the benefit of free education. I guess what they say about free things is true, you don’t appreciate it if it’s free. Well, I wish more people would value their free education a little more because I can find LOADS of examples of people who desperately need it.

All you have to do is look through the free classifieds online to find stellar examples of the level of intelligence some people possess.

Here is a great example, my thoughts are in green:

torti siamese for sale
Price: $200.00
Date Listed: 18-Mar-08

Torti Siamese for sale, 18 months she is front declaw (Fantastic, this sweet little girl has had to go though this barbaric procedure). She is a siamese very nice and lovely, We don't heard her very much (I have no idea what this means? How do you heard a cat?)
She is in perfect healt (Yup, we all want a cat in perfect healt)
She is very interesting by everthing (Do you mean ‘interested in everything’?)

Cause of sale: allergy (It took you 18 months to figure out that you’re allergic to cats?)

She is from quebec, (This is the name of a province, you use capital letters you moron! You also use capitals at the beginning of sentences, with the names of months, places etc) I can bring her here in Halifax around april 1.
Call Julie only

*Sigh* I'm certainly not perfect, but this is just painful to read.

Out~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I agreed with you on everything up until the "She is from Quebec" part. I suspect this individual is primarily french speaking and having some issues with the finer aspects of English grammar. After all, I know I certainly would butcher writing an ad in french! Still, poor kitty... there are too many unwanted animals in the world... and so surprising how people no longer want them once they outgrow the cute kitten stage. *groan* Come on people, have a little bit of commitment!

One Day at a Time said...

Ok, I'll give you the Quebec aspect for these people. I just don’t get how they could keep an intact male and female cat together and not expect them to have kittens? I mean, WTF?? It makes my brain hurt to hear the excuses people will use to justify their stupidity. There is NO excuse.